London SEO Agency
SEO stands for "Search Engine Optimisation".
It is a marketing strategy used to grow online visibility, for example ensuring your website can be easily searched and found line using organic search engine results. SEO encompasses both technical and creative elements to:
- Improve page rankings (the higher the better when you search for your self on a page)
- Drive traffic (making more people go on your website)
- Increase awareness in search engines (ensuring you are on the first 3 pages of a Google search)
Our SEO services include:
- Website Analysis
- Developing core key word list
- Content Creation
- Ongoing Search Engine Optimisation
WHAT IS SEO?
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation, it is about growing your website visibility in organic search engine results.
- SEO is the process of increasing the visibility or ranking of a website in the unpaid section of a search engine’s results, and there are a number of “organic” ways in which a website’s ranking can be improved. Organic search results are listings on search engine results pages that appear because of their relevance to the search terms, as opposed to their being advertisements.
- Increasing a website’s ranking can bring it higher visibility which in turn increases website traffic. This is valuable traffic, as these website visitors are reaching for the product or service you offer, which means that they are often warm business leads.
- This is why organic web traffic (i.e. traffic driven by natural search rankings, rather than paid search ads) usually converts to customers at a much higher rate.
- The key is to align SEO on keywords and content in order to get you the highest rankings possible on search engine results.
- SEO can be a complicated task, and there are several variables that affect a website’s SEO performance. With digital communications becoming an increasingly integral part of public relations, at Curzon PR, we have developed our own unique approach to SEO activities, through which we boost client’s website ranking, and ultimately, their brands online visibility.
- SEO encompasses both the technical and creative content elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines.
SEO: Technical Side
- This is the process of making sure the website platform is SEO friendly – technically well configured for best SEO performance.
- It could also involve changes in design and website code-base or CMS (Content Management System is a software application or set of related programs that are used to create and manage digital content) of your website.
SEO: Content Strategy
- Having a healthy content profile boosts SEO performance. With each and every update to its search algorithm, Google and other search engines change the way they look at websites, checking content and social media indicators for SEO ranking.
- In search engine optimization, measurement is crucial to success. We track website performance data and use it to help analyse our SEO strategy and create road maps for best search engine performance.
HOW DOES SEO BENEFIT YOUR BRAND?
1. SEO helps create User-Friendly Websites
SEO helps brands create a faster, smoother, and user-friendlier websites. Although most people thank it is only about optimising for the search engines, however, today SEO is also about improving user experience too.
Well-structured, clean, and uncluttered websites compels a casual visitor to stay longer, thereby decreasing bounce rate (the percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page). and increasing page views. Similarly, highly relevant content (sales pages and blog articles) keeps you readers happy as they are more likely to solves answer their questions, solve their pressing issues and helps them find exactly what they’re looking for on your site.
2. Brings in more Customers
One of the main reasons for having a website is to stand out from your competition and increase your customer base.
SEO is helps to bring in customers who are actively seeking to find your product or service.
3. Higher Conversion Rates
SEO-optimised websites loads faster, are easy to read and surf, and will display properly in almost all types of devices, including mobile and tablets.
Websites that are easy to read and navigate are more likely to grab and hold attention from your readers or visitors – i.e. they’re more likely to become your loyal customers, subscribers, and returning visitors.
4. Builds Brand Awareness
One of the benefits of getting higher rankings on the search engines is building brand awareness. When your site appears on the first page of major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, your potential customers are more likely to trust your brand when they search for a particular term rather than other brands that don’t have a strong web presence.
That is why brands that want to build better brand awareness (either locally or expanding nationally) invest in SEO to gain top rankings for the key terms related with their brand.
5. Helps Bypass Competition
An SEO optimised website will attract more customers to your website from local searches as customers looking for your product or service are more likely to find your website on the first few pages of search results, than non-optimised websites.
THE PROCESS-STAGES AND TIMELINES
The process depends on several factors such as how long your website has been around, how much SEO has been done on it previously, what shape the website is in, how much content is on it, its link profile etc. We will tailor your SEO project plan with Curzon PR depending on the above.
Below is a plausible scenario for what your SEO efforts might look like during the initial months, and the results you might expect:
- Research and discovery, website audit, keyword strategy, and planning. If research and discovery can be done quickly, then technical changes may start being made to the website within the first month.
- Begin technical SEO work, that is, making modification to the website based on site audit results. In some cases the website needs to be overhauled, and this itself can take months. Other SEO activities such as working on the link profile and building content can be done at the same time the overhaul is happening. If you find yourself in this overhaul situation, you’ll be doing “SEO” but you still won’t be seeing any results at all, since the changes being made will only start to have an impact once they’re finished.
- It is now time to start focusing on content creation (we are able to provide this service at an additional fee if we have note been contracted by you for content marketing). This would involve blogging, FAQs, whitepapers, articles, expanded product and company information, etc. Ideally you would have started on this right after the strategy and planning, but often budgets restrict what can be done at once, and so a technical overhaul needs to come first. This being the case, you might start seeing some improvements in rankings by the end of this month. If those rankings are translating into leads or sales then even better, but you wouldn’t necessarily expect them yet.
- Continued content creation, technical optimization of the website, and development of a healthy link profile. By this month you could expect to see a marked increase in rankings, traffic, and lead generation. It won’t be anywhere close to the improvements you should 12 months into your SEO efforts, but it should be significant enough that you know SEO is working.
- By this month or perhaps earlier in the process you may have started incorporating social media management into your plan to amplify your content and increase direct traffic to your website. This can lead to a healthy, natural link profile, and of course generate leads in and of itself. You would continue with content creation and perhaps engage in some PR or media outreach, which is another service Curzon PR can provide. You should be seeing more and more traffic coming in from SEO at this point, and your leads should be growing as a result.
- If your traffic has reached a significant increase in visitors per month or more by this point, you could benefit from adding conversion rate optimization to your efforts to improve how the traffic you’re receiving converts into leads and/or sales. From this point on, your activities may be consistently focused on content creation and promoting that content, or you may be doing things that are more creative. The specific activities can vary greatly depending on what type of company you are and what kind of website you have.
It takes 4 to 6 months to start seeing results, but bear in mind this is when you start seeing results, and SEO results grow over time. Whatever results you’re getting at 6 months should be considerably less than what you’re getting at 12 months. At some point, you may see your results taper off, and then it may be a matter of maintaining results rather than growing them.
HOW DO WE MEASURE SUCCESS?
- In search engine optimization, measurement is crucial to success. We track website performance data and use it to help analyze our SEO strategy and create roadmaps for best search engine performance.
- SEO is all about getting found when people search in Google or other search engines. It is important that your PR strategy focus’ on the most effective publications (Tier 1 media such as the Guardian and FT) which in turn can give you a high level of SEO impact.
- When measuring SEO impact, start by looking at the domain authority of your referring domains to help assess whether they’re helping increase your rankings for desirable search terms.
- Our primary goal will be to land backlinks in your coverage as this will bring an engaged reader to your website and they will be able to learn more about your brand. It is important to note that Google specifically gives priority in search to companies with the greatest number of relevant backlinks, and PR (Media Relations and Content Marketing services can be provided by Curzon PR) is one of the best sources for generating strong backlinks from relevant sources. But not all links are created equal.
1. Conversions Metrics
The majority of websites will have a goal of getting visitors to take an action, whether it is to purchase an item or contact the brand. “Call to actions” on a website will often differ depending on where a user is in the purchase flow but should ultimately lead a user to take action. A conversion, in essence, is when a user clicks, buys or takes action. Examples of conversions to track include:
- A sale or purchase
- A form completed or leads generated
- A phone call
- A sign up to a service or an appointment made
- Information downloaded (e.g. a PDF or whitepaper)
2. Engagement metrics
If the goal of your website is to provide more information and communicate the legitimacy of your brand, then your success metrics may be more concerned with how engaged users are with the content on your website. Engagement metrics include:
- Time spent on your site
- Number of pages visited
- Pages per visit
- Bounce rate
- Social shares or mentions
One assumption is that the lower the bounce rate, the more pages visited and the higher the time spent on site will mean that a website visitor is engaged and interested in your content. Even if the main success metric of your website is a conversion, it is good to also keep checking your websites engagement metrics as the more engaged a visitor is, the more likely they will be to convert.
3. Acquisition metrics
If the goal of your website is to create awareness about your brand, measure your site’s success by some or all of the following acquisition metrics:
- Number of gross visits
- Number of unique visits
- New visitors Vs returning visitors
- Inbound links
Acquisition metrics are good indicators of how your marketing efforts are performing as they show how many people are reaching your website. If your goal is to create as much awareness as possible of your organization, the new visitors vs. returning visitors metric may be extremely important.
We will set out to achieve the following KPIs:
- Keyword ranking Increase in organic traffic Increase in organic conversions
- Increase in the number of pages getting more traffic
- Number of organic impressions
- Increase in organic click-through rate
WHAT IS THE COST?
All our projects are bespoke and priced accordingly. You can get further information on prices by contacting our Joga Sangha from our business development team, email@example.com or on T: +44 (0)20 3637 4830
You can read more about SEO in our PR Insider Blogs