Job Reference: NY-003 | Back to Careers
The role comprises but will not be limited to the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Executive Management is seeking a communications expert to serve as Managing Director of its New York office. The MD will serve on the firm’s senior leadership team.
- The Managing Director will assume responsibility for leading a team of talented professionals, organising a successful new business effort, managing the office for growth and profitability, and representing the New York office, as well as the agency at large.
- The MD will have responsibility for establishing a strategic plan for the office that serves as a blueprint for all areas of growth and management, including business development, recruiting, and investment in resources and marketing activities. This plan will be a part of the agency’s larger, global marketing plan and will be integral to the overall success of the agency, not just the New York market.
- He or she will have a track record of winning and servicing great global brands. As Curzon PRs client work expands around the globe, the person must have a global view.
- In addition, the MD will build and maintain positive and collegial relationships with executives within the Curzon PR team.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years communications and PR experience.
- He or she will have a proven track record of generating new business and selling highly creative and strategic integrated communications solutions to clients at all levels.
- In addition, the successful candidate will also have experience in structuring, leading and motivating teams that include individuals of wide-ranging backgrounds, areas of responsibility and experiences. He or she will have accountability for building the business while managing the staff and accounts.
- It is also pertinent that the ideal candidate be experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of communications, including, but not limited to corporate communications, policy & government, reputation management, crisis communications, branding, media relations, and, of course, digital and social media. He or she will have the ability to translate experience to develop award-winning solutions to address client requirements and challenges.
- The successful candidate will exemplify the highest ethical standards in every aspect of his/her work. He or she will make decisions, large and small, that support the best interest of clients, staff and the firm.
- This individual will be viewed as a consummate professional and team player by direct reports and peers; and display a genuine passion for the job and the work.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field (Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, English)
- Asana, Bullhorn, Salesforce
- English (Additional languages will be seen as an advantage)
Dependent upon experience